Will the fishes survive without filter all nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium fish lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
If the tank had some clowns and some invertebrate such as anemone will they survive one night that without filter cause our area has no power tonight
Other than using battery powered pump,what other thing that's we can use as a pump/filter?

If the tank had some clowns and some invertebrate such as anemone will they survive one night that without filter cause our area has no power tonight
Other than using battery powered pump,what other thing that's we can use as a pump/filter?

You need to keep the water oxygenated, so a battery operated air pump. I think they'd be okay with that.

You can use a wooden spoon or something similar to agitate the surface of the water say every few hours and you should be fine.

But when it is at night,what should we do?
through out the day. This comes from a supplier in Cal. where I used to get my fish I had the same thing happen lost power for days and lost a lot of fish when I explained how I lost them he told me all I had to do was agitate the water and they would have been fine

you can also purchase one of the battery operated air pumps... Some of the more expensive ones will even turn on automatically when you lose power.

Cheers,
ljr

Will they survive in one night?

I had a tank that is 10gal with a pair of clownfish,will they survive one night without filter and pump?

You did the right thing by your fish. Hope the other ones doing ok by himself ;)
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom