Will they pair up? - Update w/pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JamesR

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looks like I have a love connection with my clownfish. I added a new one last night and the big one chased the new little guy around quite a bit, today, all is good!

The entire gang is getting along (Naso, Coral Beauty, Auriga & Clowns)

img_297331_0_e819947110640399ed9a25fe8e9e1965.jpg

Thanks!
Happy Holidays,
Jim

The first few days will seem like an eternity. The chasing and somewhat agressive gestures from the female are to be expected though. The main thing to watch for is actual physical damage being caused by the female. As long as that stays in check, leave them be.

I would suggest for at least the rest of the evening you turn off the lights and allow them to aquaint a bit better. If you are able, only run the actinics tomorrow. Less light will subdue them a bit better and reduce stress.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks steve. I have had the lights off from his introduction. The big one usually stays on the left side of the tank, she is now going over to the right side of the tank where the new guy is and swimming beside and on top of him. No aggression has been seen. Just for the first hour when they met. Hopefully this is a great sign!

Thanks,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom