Will this be ok for a couple of days?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had to go out of town Thurs and will return Sat.

The fish are in qt, so they dont have a dedicated light. There light is from a the room, and the sun in the windows.

The main tank, I left all the lights on. Do you think it will be ok for the corals to go this long with all the lights on? 460pc is what I got.

If not I can send the ole mother in law over and have her cut them off. :wink:

TIA! :D

PS. I am online from the hotel...woo, hoo!

As long as the lights don't raise your water temp, I don't think a few days of extra light will hurt things, but I'd buy a timer for the next time you go out of town.

I heard that fish needs to sleep/rest or they go nuts, stress. Maybe not all fish needs to sleep.

Everyone should have their tanks on timers!

My fish and inverts have accually gotten into a little schedule because they "instinctivly" know when the lights are comming on and turning off.

Yea, I got a timer for cheap at a hardware store. They are the pin timers, so they are very accurate. Btw, rocket season, thats a nice pic of the eclipse!!

Ok, I am back, and the tank is great. The fish are in qt, so they were not exposed to the light being on all the time.

Also I do have a digital timer, I just had it cut off when I put my sump in, and didnt get it set back. When I found out I was leaving I didnt have time to set it. Thanks. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom