will this work to get rid of ich in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarrett

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have a 45 gallon tank with a coral beauty, vlorik wrasse, scooter blenny, toby puffer and neon dottyback. the tank has had ick for awhile now the fish are all healthy just the occasional flashing that i really dont want to see anymore, i do have corals in my tank one torch coral, a duncan, and a hammer if i raise the tank temp to 84-86 and leave it like this for a couple weeks so the ich cant reproduce and eventually die off will everything in my tank be fine, or will my corals end up dieing

Couldn't tell you about the corals, but the fish aren't healthy if they have ich, do you have a QT tank? I would recommend hyposalinity to kill it off, there are some members on here with experience dealing with ich. I am sure they can give you some better details, I just know that hyposalinity is a sure thing.

I put all my fish in to my qt tank and left my Main tank for just over 6 weeks because I was told if theres no host the parasites carnt live. Put my fish back in about a month or two ago and haven't seen any signs of it yet fingers crossed. Not sure on your corals because I'm fish only

ich is a fish only parasite and you were correct in your treatment but when you put the fish in qt did you do the hyposalinity treatment?

I treated the fish in qt with cuprazin and my main tank I swung my salt levels and temp dramatically. Then invested in a good uv steriliser and hope I never get it again!

i dont have a hospital tank unfortuantly, the fish i have in their now have been living with ich for about 4 months i know your right their not actually "healthy" but their all very active eating fine, i treat their food with garlic and vitamin C every night, i got to get a hospital tank set up soon i know i wish i had the money

Back
Top Bottom