Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

will this work to get rid of ich in my tank?

i have a 45 gallon tank with a coral beauty, vlorik wrasse, scooter blenny, toby puffer and neon dottyback. the tank has had ick for awhile now the fish are all healthy just the occasional flashing that i really dont want to see anymore, i do have corals in my tank one torch coral, a duncan, and a hammer if i raise the tank temp to 84-86 and leave it like this for a couple weeks so the ich cant reproduce and eventually die off will everything in my tank be fine, or will my corals end up dieing

Old 05-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Couldn't tell you about the corals, but the fish aren't healthy if they have ich, do you have a QT tank? I would recommend hyposalinity to kill it off, there are some members on here with experience dealing with ich. I am sure they can give you some better details, I just know that hyposalinity is a sure thing.

Old 05-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I put all my fish in to my qt tank and left my Main tank for just over 6 weeks because I was told if theres no host the parasites carnt live. Put my fish back in about a month or two ago and haven't seen any signs of it yet fingers crossed. Not sure on your corals because I'm fish only
Old 05-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to hackteck
ich is a fish only parasite and you were correct in your treatment but when you put the fish in qt did you do the hyposalinity treatment?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

I treated the fish in qt with cuprazin and my main tank I swung my salt levels and temp dramatically. Then invested in a good uv steriliser and hope I never get it again!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

i dont have a hospital tank unfortuantly, the fish i have in their now have been living with ich for about 4 months i know your right their not actually "healthy" but their all very active eating fine, i treat their food with garlic and vitamin C every night, i got to get a hospital tank set up soon i know i wish i had the money

Tags
ich, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com