Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
depends on a couple of things,type of clowns,size of tank and other fish in tank.I have a friend who has a 200g(uk gallon) tank with 4 different pairs of clowns which get along.It also depends on age of clowns.
Clowns which are young(around 3-6 months) get along fine and will do so if in large enough tank with enough territory spaces and with variuos fish.I have at the moment 50 young clowns in 2 very small tanks which all get along fine,I also have another tank with 2 perculas(paired and breeding) and 2 picasso clowns just pairing which all get along fine.Please dont quote me on this but clowns can get along fine but i reccommend they are very young when brought together,otherwise clowns can and will be very aggressive towards each other for dominance and territory.As with their personality which can be total amazing to each other so can their dominance and aggression.No two clowns are the same

Old Chinese proverb:
Don't go to bed with ichy bum
wake up with smelly finger!!
David S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

here is my experience.i have two clarki in a 65 gal.with one green chromis.i added three more all about a year old.at first the two originals seem to separate from the other three.in a matter of two days one of the new fish became the dominant females mate and her old love was banished to the other end of the tank with the other two.in less than a week the two largest of the three outcast were killed off.all that remains is the mating couple and the smallest newbie.this situation has remained for about ten months now.i was under the impression in a 65 gal tank five could work it out not the case.sad experience but lesson learned.

ken rooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Just to add my story in lol, I had two pairs of clowns, orange oscellaris and B&W oscellaris and they were fine for a few months. BUT overnight it seemed to change and the orange ones started attacking the b&w's. They had to be removed that day or they would have killed the other pair. And this was in a 125g tank so there was definitely enough room but still didn't work.
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah, I will be happy with two. . Thanks everyone for taking your time to respond!

[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com