Wiring diagram for Custom SeaLife 32W retro kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pt109

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Anyone got one?

I've got a SmartLite Electronic Ballast with four wires - red, green, black and white; a square 4-pin socket with a red and green wire; and a push-button switch with two black wires.

Thanks for any help

ok, don't sue if I'm not right

but connect your red ballast to your red socket, and the same for the green

connect the white ballast wire to the neutral blade of a 3 prong plug (should be a white wire)

connect the black ballast wire to one of the black switch wires

connect the other black switch wire to the hot blade of a 3 prong plug (should be a black wire)

take an extra wire, connect it from a screw / ground terminal on the ballast to your reflector for your lights

take another wire and connect it from the screw / ground terminal on the ballast to the ground blade of a 3 prong plug (should be a green wire)

here's a crude diagram!

Not quite - I forgot to mention that the four smaller wires (red, green, black, white) are encased within a grey cable. There's a separate 3-prong power supply cord as well, already wired into the ballast.

the smartlight kits I find on the internet are already wired, or come with pre-wired sockets that just connect to the ballast.

are you trying to modify your kit, or did it not come pre-wired for some reason?

some pictures might help!?

Well, I haven't got a digital camera, so a photo will take a while. I did try drawing something up in Lotus 1-2-3, but I couldn't get it to attach to a reply.

But the kit does NOT come with the black, pre-wired rubber(?) PC sockets. I have a Panasonic PC socket with a red and a green wire.
The ballast has two cords - a black 3-prong power cord, and a grey cord which houses 4 smaller wires (red, green, white and black)
In addition there is a "push-button" switch with 2 black wires.

My best guess is to connect red-to-red; green-to-green; and wire the switch between the black and white.

Any thoughts?

Got a reply today from CSL......

Thanks for writing. Taking the grey cord with the four wires coming
out, connect the black wire to one of the black wires on the switch.
Connect the white wire to the other black switch wire. Connect the red
wire to the red wire on the end cap and do the same with the green.
If you need further instructions please send us your address and we'll
send you out a hard copy. The only difference is that we have changed
the colors of the wires come out of the grey cord.

Ted

Ted Robinson
Technical/Sales Support Manager
CustomSeaLife, Inc.
2943 Norman Strasse Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069
Ph. (760) 727-8786
Fx. (760) 727-8746

Thanks for all the answers!! :)

Back
Top Bottom