Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #21

I wouldn't doubt it blew something in, you can never be safe with all the pollution these days. Also like you mentioned red tide and such. Im going to do some 55 gallon changes, and am not even going to test ammonia considering the tank surface smells of rotting fish. I only found half of the tangs, I still have some huge stone crabs which im sure dragged them into the rock work. So im just going to do the water changes then let the tank settle itself down then try to get something going again on a much smaller scale this time. Thanks for the info on the super glue.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:09 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
hey six-line, do you have an update for us?

and nyghtone, how did you cut your finger off?!?

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:04 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to nyghtone Send a message via AIM to nyghtone Send a message via MSN to nyghtone Send a message via Yahoo to nyghtone
Haha, the good old finger story, I actually was doing dishes at pizza hut in the middle of the night one college sleepless day when I should have been sleeping

Anywho, somebody dropped a razor sharp knife in the dishwater and didn't tell me, and when I reached my hand in one time the blade was sticking straight up and just cut it off like butter!!!

It was only the tip, it shaved a tiny chunk of bone with the tip of the finger that the doctor just removed before he glued it back on cause he said that it would heal faster if it just had to regrow, and indeed it was like new six months later.

Moral of the story, clean your knifes when your done with them and put them directly away so they NEVER end up in your dishwater!!!1

www.nyghtone.com
nyghtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2004, 07:23 PM   #24

Quote:
hey six-line, do you have an update for us?
Not yet, but I will when I make some progress, or even re-stock.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Regular

Aww man I cant believe that happened. Im never adding anything to my tanks from the river again. But I added those plants that you saw and my tanks are fine so who knows. But man if theres anything I can do just let me know Ill help you out with what ever.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:56 PM   #26

Nah it's not your fault, but your welcome to my remaining chromis. I guess that seagrass filters or even stores toxins/pollution then it just leeched back into my tank. Who knows any ways don't worry about it, I will take care of it. BTW those xenia frags, I superglued them down, and 2 de-tached and the anemone atem, the remaing one still looks like crap, and my clarkii tore up the reef tank digging. It's all a mess 8O
Old 08-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am so, so sad for you. How devastating. I can only imagine you heartache. But..if you do go ahead with the predator tank, I can help.

Hope your day is better tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:13 PM   #28

Quote:
But..if you do go ahead with the predator tank, I can help.
Thats the plan as soon as I make sure this tank is 100% safe, what did you have in mind?

Thanks
Old 08-23-2004, 11:05 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hang in there Sixline You may want to try some polyfilters and GAC and let it settle for a few weeks. It's scarey how fragile our little ecosystems are.

46g SW, 65 lbs Fiji LR, 4" Aragamax DSB, Coralife 2X96w CF, CPR Bakpak II, CPR Aquafuge 12 w/ 2x9 Coralife Mini Aqualight, 4 Maxijet 600's, PCI 200W Titanium Heater, 2 Blue Green Chromis, 1 Gold Bar Maroon Clown, 1 Purple-Stripe Dottyback, Finger Leather, Trumpets, Rose Coral Open-Brain, Pagoda Cup, Xenia, Star Polyps, Yellow Polyps, Various Mushrooms, Toadstool Leather, 12 Astraea, 10 Nassarius, 4 Bumble Bee, 6 Cerith Snails, 12 Red Tip Hermits.
phases99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com