Woke up to a graveyard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't doubt it blew something in, you can never be safe with all the pollution these days. Also like you mentioned red tide and such. Im going to do some 55 gallon changes, and am not even going to test ammonia considering the tank surface smells of rotting fish. I only found half of the tangs, I still have some huge stone crabs which im sure dragged them into the rock work. So im just going to do the water changes then let the tank settle itself down then try to get something going again on a much smaller scale this time. Thanks for the info on the super glue.

Haha, the good old finger story, I actually was doing dishes at pizza hut in the middle of the night one college sleepless day when I should have been sleeping :)

Anywho, somebody dropped a razor sharp knife in the dishwater and didn't tell me, and when I reached my hand in one time the blade was sticking straight up and just cut it off like butter!!!

It was only the tip, it shaved a tiny chunk of bone with the tip of the finger that the doctor just removed before he glued it back on cause he said that it would heal faster if it just had to regrow, and indeed it was like new six months later.

Moral of the story, clean your knifes when your done with them and put them directly away so they NEVER end up in your dishwater!!!1

Aww man I cant believe that happened. Im never adding anything to my tanks from the river again. But I added those plants that you saw and my tanks are fine so who knows. But man if theres anything I can do just let me know Ill help you out with what ever.

Nah it's not your fault, but your welcome to my remaining chromis. I guess that seagrass filters or even stores toxins/pollution then it just leeched back into my tank. Who knows any ways don't worry about it, I will take care of it. BTW those xenia frags, I superglued them down, and 2 de-tached and the anemone atem, the remaing one still looks like crap, and my clarkii tore up the reef tank digging. It's all a mess 8O

I am so, so sad for you. How devastating. I can only imagine you heartache. But..if you do go ahead with the predator tank, I can help. :)

Hope your day is better tomorrow.

But..if you do go ahead with the predator tank, I can help.

Thats the plan as soon as I make sure this tank is 100% safe, what did you have in mind?

Thanks

Hang in there Sixline :( You may want to try some polyfilters and GAC and let it settle for a few weeks. It's scarey how fragile our little ecosystems are.

Back
Top Bottom