Woke up to a super cloudy tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's exactly why the larger water volume works to your advantage.... it can absorb the death of a critter like a cleaner shrimp without much harm. I doubt it would've caused the spikes you've experienced in the past week... my bets are still on the nem.

Glad to hear everything's improving. I'd highly recommend not adding or doing anything major to your system for a while. It just took quite a shock.... give it some time to settle back in.

Could the nem have been getting close to death and start to pollute the tank? Cause to me signs point to it. Its gone bam tank back to normal

That's exactly what I think was happening..... Since it was purchased at a frag swap, who knows what kind of stresses it may have gone through prior to the trip home. That's why, IMO, if you want to buy a nem, you should get it from a store. If they're worth their grain, they'll let you put a deposit on it so you can observe it for a while, but that's still no guarantee...... many nem owners can have theirs for months, only to wake up one morning with a nuked tank, not realizing the nem was slowly dying the whole time. IMO, nems are one of those creatures that are very cool to look at, but really not worth the risk unless you really know what you're doing.

Lesson learned, I was weary because of it being in a little separate container at the frag swap, but tried it anyways. Never again!! Lol

Back
Top Bottom