Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

worm goby

I bought a worm goby today. The LFS said it doesn't dig, just sift. The closest thing I can find that looks like it on live aquaria is an engineer goby and it says it will. I have a 4" sand bed, am I ok?

TIA

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Never heard of a worm goby..... can u post a pic

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:52 PM   #3
steve-s

AKA worm eel or curious eel (not a true eel though)... Gunnelichthys curiosus

Cheers
Steve
Old 02-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nevermind. I can't believe how stupid I am. I put the goby and a baby maroon clown in qt and came back to find the goby missing. The filter was making a funny sound and when I went to check it realized that I had not put the endcap to the filter back on. So I pulled the intake tube out INSTEAD of turning the filter OFF. the goby was skinned from the impellor. It was mostly the tail. It was still alive but I was sure it was suffering so I flushed him. I am so sickened by the whole thing. When a fish dies sure I am upset, but this was my fault and I feel so horrible. It was black with white stripes running vertically. Looked like an eel. The baby maroon is fine but it made me want to put him/her in the main. I bought the maroon to pair with my Larger maroon, I hope everything goes alright because this really threw me for a loop.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 02-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ximat
Sorry to hear of the loss. It sounds to me like an engineer goby as well.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

You may have issues with the maroon clown. Just because one is smaller it does not mean they will get along. I think this will be your next problem.
Why did you flush it if it was still alive?? Was it beyond healing?

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:21 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes, the skin was torn off of half of it's body.

Old 02-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yes, but I am going to have a net ready to rescue the clown if it does not go well. I have a friend who wants a clown and I would give the clown to them if does not work out. That is my plan anyway. Though my tank is large and it may be easier said than done.

Tags
goby, worm

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com