worm goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a worm goby today. The LFS said it doesn't dig, just sift. The closest thing I can find that looks like it on live aquaria is an engineer goby and it says it will. I have a 4" sand bed, am I ok?

TIA

AKA worm eel or curious eel (not a true eel though)... Gunnelichthys curiosus

Cheers
Steve

Nevermind. I can't believe how stupid I am. I put the goby and a baby maroon clown in qt and came back to find the goby missing. The filter was making a funny sound and when I went to check it realized that I had not put the endcap to the filter back on. So I pulled the intake tube out INSTEAD of turning the filter OFF. the goby was skinned from the impellor. It was mostly the tail. It was still alive but I was sure it was suffering so I flushed him. I am so sickened by the whole thing. When a fish dies sure I am upset, but this was my fault and I feel so horrible. It was black with white stripes running vertically. Looked like an eel. The baby maroon is fine but it made me want to put him/her in the main. I bought the maroon to pair with my Larger maroon, I hope everything goes alright because this really threw me for a loop.

You may have issues with the maroon clown. Just because one is smaller it does not mean they will get along. I think this will be your next problem.
Why did you flush it if it was still alive?? Was it beyond healing?

Yes, but I am going to have a net ready to rescue the clown if it does not go well. I have a friend who wants a clown and I would give the clown to them if does not work out. That is my plan anyway. Though my tank is large and it may be easier said than done.

Back
Top Bottom