Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

worms? are they bad?

So I have worms in my sand and I know this because I can see them... through the glass... but are these bad things? and I also have bristleworms living in my live rocks as well so I was wondering if bristle worms were bad things too?

all the information i can get will help! thanks

Old 12-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

The worms in the sand probably good, but we need a better description. What do they look like? I think bristle worms r good, as long as they r not at plague numbers. But that would probably be caused by another problem, like over feeding. They r good detrivores, but can cause irritation if you touch them when moving rock around.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

They are not bad for your tank, but not the prettiest inhabitants of your tank. If I see one in my tank he's a goner. Creepy little buggers are not welcome in my tank

Tags
worms

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com