Would anything hunt an eat these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saratj1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Have some pods that are problematic. I see one or two every night after lights out. I have a couple different types. The largest are a little less than 1cm in length. My tank is a 47g column tank. So larger fish are out. I ve thought about a mandarin but am nervous that I won't be able to support the fish long term. I have around 40lbs of live rock.

View attachment 88169

I've caught and killed a few. The problem is they are parasitic and harassing my snowflake clowns.

the mandarin will only eat pods so once he's ate them heel need more so I don't think you should buy a mandarin just to get rid of some pods

Six line wrasse will eat them and other types of food once they are gone. So you shouldn't have problems starving it
But they can be aggressive so you generally want to put them in tank as the last addition

People worry way to much about dragnets. Just train one to eat frozen food, Iv trained 4 now myself without a problem and they are all fat. Then once it is feeding frozen put it in the tank. They eat for fun basically so they will eat the pods even if they are being feed frozen foods as well. Just be sure it's eating a nutrisus food and no just brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom