Would Seio PHs be too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 reef and need to replace my maxi-jets. Would a pair of Seio M620 (620gph each) be too much? I currently have 3 MJ900s totaling ~700gph with my sump pump at about 300 gph.

Which would be a preferred setup for a reef? 2 Seios M620s or 3 maxis MJ900s?

I dont think it would be too much. I am running a modded maxijet(800+ gph) and a Seio 620. This does not include the 700 or so I get from my return.

It really depends what you are keeping. Maxijets are cheap and durable though.

Wow, roka, those look pretty cool. Does the mag work good at holding them? I hate the suction cup thing. They always need replacing and funbling with. They're a lot smaller than the Seios as well?? How long have you been running them? Thanks!

Yup, they use magnets. I have a pair of 4 on my 125 and on that one, I took off the rubber pieces to help it stick better. I still have the rubber pieces on the 55G. The 2s, you can probably fit a golf ball in it, just for an idea of size. A word of caution, I have only had them for 2-3 months, so I am not sure how long they last.
Overall, I like them, so far.

I have had issues with the Seios as well but mine has been running for a couple of years. The ceramic shaft can freeze up and need cleaned more often.

My modded maxijets are great though. Cheap flow if you have the maxijet already.

I will be trying a Hydor 4 though. The smaller units are having some issues from what I have read but 4's appear to be the most reliable.

The Korallias are having issues. They are/where leaking current into tanks, and models 2 and 3 where asked to be sent back for replacement. AFAIK there was no official "recall" though. The new ones will be out approx. 4/13, at last announcement. FWIW I have been happy w/ my Seio 620, though it is a little bulky.

Back
Top Bottom