would this be a bad idea...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HoCkEyGmC

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i think im going to talk my parents into taking me to the lfs(been meaning to take my drivers training classes). well last time i was there they had the coolest little yellow striped maroon clown. awesome vibrant colors, unlike some others which are soooo dark. well what i want to know is would it be ok for me to put him in the 28 gallon with the other fish until my 55 is setup. he was a little guy so i think he would be ok. it could be upto 2 months until the 55 is ready for fish. so idk if the little guy will even be there, but if he is, im thinking of takin him home. =]. thoughts?
rite now i have a diamont goby 4", a firefish 2", ans a false perc 1.5".
Thanks!

well when i had my pair gsm i first had them only in a 10 gal and it did fine, it even bred...so i think you should be fine and because its a small one.

im just worried that itll be aggressive towards my other stuff i got in there. itd only be a month or 2 but idk if i wanna take a chance. and the trip was delayed until monday sadly. well maybe not but now im at my dads where the 55 is and getting a fish now would be useless with an empty tank. i might buy it if its there and pick it up on monday tho...

There will always be another available at some point and considering you have an ocellaris I wouldn't chance it; although, if you must have it why not put it in a quarantine for the two months. Better off eventually unless you plan to house both clowns together in the 55g (usually don't tolerate each other well).

i was also thinking about the qt option but if i was going to add the clown last, i would need my qt for the other fish. and then the clown would be teritorial in the qt. i think since that fish was reccomended to be last ill hold off on it =[. i know that they always have a few juvie snowflakes so im good there. and they will usually have a beauty around. the maroons come in now and then and fuzzy dwarf lions are a rare sight but they can order a few im sure, but the one ive seen there didnt look li9ke a good specimen. ill resist. i managed to get a four day weekend due to a cold day (-25F with the windchill) and mlk day. i plan on resealing the sides of the tank(one by one? or all at once?), putting in the "handy" part, picking up the aragonite live sand stuff(or ordering it). then my next step will be ordering powerheads or testing the old ones that came with the tank, ordering a heater (how many watts?), and maybe getting the fluval 404 off ebay (might pick it up durring the cycle). i gotta scrap up some more cash, rite now i have around 85 bucks which will get me my powerheads (ugh). i might use the ones that came with the tank for the cycle and then upgrade later. the rock will be covered by a gift card.
enough typing for me. lol.

I would guess that the different kind of clowns would even fight in the 55. I've heard GSMs are very aggressive and can really beat up your other fish.

To tell you the truth I'm not too worried about him in the 55. There is gunna be an eel, lion, and a coral beauty. My worry would if I chose to get a pair. I'd prbly QT them together with eggcrate and remove of for the last week of the qt.
I'm thinking about making a "HoCkEy's 55" thread.
Still wondering if I could make it semi reef with a few colonies of sun polyps and some "giant" feather dusters.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom