Would you buy live corals on ebay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IfoundNemo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw some live corals on ebay which look pretty nice. But, i'm wondering if the corals they send are any good. Has anyone purchase corals on ebay yet?

I just loaded up on zoo frags on ebay, but they aren't here yet so I have no idea whats going to happen.

My zoos are due today from ebay. I'll let you know what I think. I am very sceptical at this point.

Rachel

I guess that the coral will vary from seller to seller. The zoos I got fro a 9 packwere awesome!!! Nothing I have ever seen in a lfs... :wink:

revhtree. I think i'm going to order from them as well since i can get 9 for only 89 bucks. :) Those frags on ebay look good too. But, i'm just as sceptical as Rachel.

Well here is the colors I got. Well some of them:

Red Skirt w/ pink center
Burgandy Skirt with White Centers
Green Skirt with Bright Orange center's (some of thise poylps are the size of a dime now!)
Green Skirt with Pink Centers

No Browns at all.

Look in at the pics in my tank signature. Some of those poylps are the ones. I didnt take pics of them all. I actually didnt take pics of the more colorful ones... :|

I hope I get that luck. I am so scared I am going to get ugly unhealthy zoos. I wish I had not bought off ebay at all. The stress is killing me, I don't know if it was worth it. I will keep you posted when I get them.

Scat

The stress is killing me, I don't know if it was worth it. I will keep you posted when I get them.

HAHA you should get on frags.org sometime and buy something. Talk about stress. All you get is a description and an amount. Last person I bought from on there sent me my stuff 2nd day ground. That was two days of thinking "am i going to get a really really putrid bag of rotten coral?" But all was well, frags.org rulz

Great prices on those wins. I paid about 175.00 with shipping for about 70 polyps. I wouldn't sweat the couple of negative feedbacks. If there is one thing people are unreasonable about its their livestock. There is always that guy who tries to keep acros under LED lights and has a horrible disposition about anything that costs over $9.99. This all really makes me miss coralsandbar.com though. I wish they would open back up.

Here's a question....I was looking at this site and I saw something that made me ask "Are zoos died?" If they are, do they loose their color. I always thought that zoos grew and spread in the color that you get them. Have I been wrong all this time?

If they are NOT dyed then how can there be a limited edition of a zoo?

http://www.yourreef.com/SOFT.html

from that site:
Radio Active Dragon Eye Zoanthids ( Limited Edition) Average frag is 1-2 inches with 8-12 polyps

I dont' believe zoos can be dyed. When they say "limited edition" I think its just a fancy marketing way of saying "rare" When people get something that is not as bright as the picture it tends to be due to "photoshop" not "photo sensitivity". I have never seen a zoo fade or brown out, they pretty much just live or die.

Yes this is the same person that I bought from. One thing I will say is shipping has taken longer than I wanted. I won and paid for this auction on the 20th of last month. I has now been two week and she is just now shipping them. I am glad on one hand my tank has had 2 more weeks to mature, but I am so stressed over this transaction. I will let you know what I think when I get them. I've had good luck on the most part with ebay and buying, but I've been burned a few times. I love the fact that paypal has buyers protection. I feel so much safer now.

Scat

So far everything looks good. Some of the zoos are trying to open up. I'll keep you posted. I received 20 different colors with at a guarantee of 200 polyps. I don't know about the 200 polyps but I think I recieved the 20 different ones. I'll know more when they open up and I can see the colors. It looks like some pretty colorful ones. I'll keep you posted.

Scat

Back
Top Bottom