would you trade ? help/advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xJIMx

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone. iv been lurking around this site for years and it has been a big help so thanx. this is my first post :p. i have 3 biocubes all are 29 gallons. 2 are new in the box and 1 of the new ones is the HQI. the other i have set up as a reef for 9 monthes now and all is good in that tank. i put an add on craigslist to see if anyone wanted to trade the 2 new biocubes with 1 new stand for a larger reef ready setup. 125 gallon or bigger. i have had no luck alot of old beat up stuff. but there is 1 trade im thinking about. the 2 biocubes and 1 stand for a 90 gallon oceanic bowfront with the stand and hood. but its not reef ready:mad: and the lights are regular floresent strip lights. the filters are a fluval fx5 canister. really big but fits under the stand and a smaller ehiem canister. 2 big wavemakers and a big uv steraliser. i went to see it and its in good shape no scratches or nothing the stand could use a little touch up paint. it has 4 big goldfish in there now. would you do the trade? and why or why not? and how would the canister filters be for a saltwater setup ? thanx :cool:

If it were me i probably wouldn't trade for two reasons. First, the tank not being reef ready is a deal breaker for me. I always have a sump underneath for equipment and a refugium. Second, I'm not big on canister filters for reef tanks. They work ok for a fish only saltwater tank but when your keeping coral and more sensative inverts i believe having a sump and refugium is much better then a canister filter. Also consider that the regular floresent strip lights will not do anything for coral. They would need to be replaced with out question if you wanted to keep even low light coral.

Agreed with Pat.
I would part out the two Biocubes because not many people are going to want both. With the money you get from that just start looking for people selling their stuff. If your local club has a forum, that is also a great place to look for people selling stuff or to sell your stuff.

Back
Top Bottom