WOW, difference in SG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
Marineland Hydrometer says 1.0255
Aquarium Systems Hydrometer says 1.034

What to do? I guess santa should bring me a refractometer?

My Deepsix stated my SG was 1.024 When I got my refractometer it stated 1.027-.028 which equaled 35-35ppt I would suggest getting a refractometer.. They are very helpful and extremely accurate if calibrated correctly.. I paid 42.00 shipped from Ebay-PremiumAquatics.com They had them listed for 39.00 on ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2364718368&category=3212 Looks like this one went a bit higher.. You can check them out every so often and you might get lucky Or you can go to www.premiumaquatics.com and check there.. Also I heard www.DIYreef.com had some pretty good prices on them.. Maybe even our sponsors carry them at better prices..

HTH,
James

Definitely check with our sponsors, everytime you spend your money with them you are supporting AquariumAdvice.com ;)

You might also search Ebay, you can often times find a buy it now price of around 40-50 dollars. If purchasing through Ebay make sure to look at the sellers feed back and amount of feedback.

Back
Top Bottom