WOW!!!! LEDs are heaven sent.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jonnypro I agree with Animal-chin prolly need 3 units but I would think you would have to cut the top middle section to get proper lighting in the center these units cover a 2 ft by 2 ft section.

jonnypro I agree with Animal-chin prolly need 3 units but I would think you would have to cut the top middle section to get proper lighting in the center these units cover a 2 ft by 2 ft section.

I will end up getting 3 of them. But I cannot cut the center. I need a center brace for the 135g. It keeps the strength. Does it make a difference if I get full spectrum ones then to get the reg white and blues?

Theyll shine through the top plastic just keep it clean. The blue/white vs multi colored will be a debate never resolved. Its just a preference. I have red/green in mine and like them, some dont..

I have just the white/blues I like them. I believe the red/green are not actually useful but still looks great. Like Animal said - never gunna be resolved and is just a preference.

I was just in another reefing forum and a guy had only 2 of these units over his 72x24x24. Here is the pic. It was a frag tank also. The only bad thing I can somewhat see is the middle had all shadows.

image-857858759.jpg

That's how my frag tank is setup. Those lights look identical to the ones I imported. They should work fine.

Last edited:
I was just in another reefing forum and a guy had only 2 of these units over his 72x24x24. Here is the pic. It was a frag tank also. The only bad thing I can somewhat see is the middle had all shadows.

Go two place them closer to center to avoid shadows in the center little shadows on the sides can be for lower light corals if you don't like it buy another. Personal IMO two will be sufficient hang them about 8" to 10" and you will have good coverage. Strong than you think. I went with reef breeders love them.

What corals do you have using those led's I have one over my tank wondering what corals to start out with?

As long as your water is stable you can get about anything. Just watch the corals, if they start looking bad more then up or down. Depending on their need for light and what light they were under will affect their placement starting them low and moving them up will help them adjust.

Yeah my only worry would be that some need low light and some need high.

newest addition to my tank with the new lights...... I have the lights at the lowest setting at this time.
attachment.php

How do you keep your sand so white?

Is it just a newer system or what?

Back
Top Bottom