WOW this is the biggest and nicest tank setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet tank!!!
I found this very interesting:
When necessary, the sand bed is replaced with fresh calcium carbonate. I like the sand bed to look white, not green. I've also observed that the corals' colors develop better when the sand bed, together with the detritus in it, is removed every few weeks. It is quite a task, but the result is rewarding, in my opinion.
Anyone practice this method?

My wallet just cussed at me even thinking about spending that kind of money to replace the sand bed every few weeks!

I like mine white also . That`s why I have two gobies that turn it over every day and it stays nice and white. The money I could save them guys. :wink:

That is the baddest tank I have ever seen!

Absolutley amazing...the diversity is outstanding...and guesses on $$$?

I bet that is a full time job for several people to take care of!

duddi said:
Sweet tank!!!
I found this very interesting:
When necessary, the sand bed is replaced with fresh calcium carbonate. I like the sand bed to look white, not green. I've also observed that the corals' colors develop better when the sand bed, together with the detritus in it, is removed every few weeks. It is quite a task, but the result is rewarding, in my opinion.
Anyone practice this method?

I've heard many reefers on reefcentral doing that. They use the phrase "recharging the sandbed". Sounds odd as you take out bacterias and faunas when you "recharge" your sandbed but I guess it works.

melosu58 said:
I like mine white also . That`s why I have two gobies that turn it over every day and it stays nice and white. The money I could save them guys. :wink:

I'd love to get a goby to sift my sand but I suspect my tank just isn't big enough.

ive got a watchman in my 29 flanque! he seems pretty happy. what size tank do you have?

the pictures of that tank are amazing. what was it something like 1500 gallons, plus there is a seahorse tank and a frag tank, AND a sump? a total over 2000 gallons? ye-gads!
hmmm, college education or gigantic reef aquarium? decisions, decisions....

I have a 55 gallon. Is it your experience that he jumps out of the water? I like to keep my lids off to get maximum light penetration given the low wattage per gallon I have.

You know that question, what would you buy if you won the lottery?

If I had that room setup, I wouldn't need a TV. I love watching my 55gal and find something new to marvel at every day, but with that thing, you could stare into that and never have to look at the same thing twice.

My horseshoe crab does a good job of turning the sand.
I also have a 55 gallon and realize he will outgrow my tank but for know he is small and very fun to watch when he is swimming. He swims upside down.

their equipment room is so sick. They have some serious filtration.

Back
Top Bottom