WOW what a difference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got this 24" Odyssea Power compact light...and WOW what a difference. The few corals I do have look much nicer and seem to respond to the better light. The light was $49.00 + $14 shipping. It seems pretty good so far and it even has fans and came with One 65W 12000K Daylight, One 65W Actinic Blue.

8b_1_b.JPG

The quality is pretty good....I don't have any experience with other brands. The unit is pretty well built, sleek and solid. I too have 2-65 watt bulbs and the corals almost immediately responded to it. My Anemone perked right up.

I think I am going to purchase one for my sump/refugium!

Cant beat that price. Even if it's not that great, your not out big bucks. :wink:

how wide is that light? I want to put another PC on my tank but I don't really have a lot of space in the front

I"m with Bearfan...I trust coralife fixtures because I've used them and could see the quality.
Lots of the cheaper fixtures, like those 40-80watt ones DrsFosterSmith.com had...were terrible. Units that wouldn't even fire up because there were defective...and obviously cheaply made.

I mean, you can barely buy 2 65watt power compact bulbs for $40...and even a cheap electronic ballast runs $20.

So yeah, I'll be really interested to hear about long-term satisfaction with these units.

Malkore, Where can you get a electric ballast for PC lights. My corallife 65w pc light died and I looked on the net with no luck. So I ordered one of the Odyssea lights from aquatraders. Worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom