WOW, what a difference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i got some mysis shrimp (well, mini mysis, san fransisco bay brand) today and WOW what a difference!! the fish went crazy! i recently purchased a maroon clown, that wouldnt eat the formula one that i had (soaked in garlic), so i bought some mysis and WOW!! he went to town!! as did everything else, the yellow watchman goby, which ive had for a month, barely showed his face, and when i added the mysis, he came out in the open, on more than one occasion!! YAY!!!

Yeah, my fish love the mysis shrimp I feed them too. I make my own frozen food made up of mysis, clams, vitamin c, garlic, mussels, and octopus. A regular sea food medley and they eat it up.

wouldnt eat the formula one that i had (soaked in garlic)
Is that the frozen cube food? If so, I couldn't get anything to eat it because it sank to the bottom and all my fish are used to floating food. Mine is still sitting in the freezer.

I mix both brine and mysis soaked in Zoe, Selcor and garlic. Every one goes crazy!

soak the cube in a glass in clean water until it melts, then pour through a net, invert the net in the tank to release the food. the "juice" is bad for the tank, and it will spread out a lot more that way.

soak the cube in a glass in clean water until it melts

Mine never melted, it was gel based. I soaked it for a couple of hours one day and then gave up. Now, I just use the frozen brine and mysis and somethimes throw in a little flake for variety.

roka64 said:
wouldnt eat the formula one that i had (soaked in garlic)
Is that the frozen cube food? If so, I couldn't get anything to eat it because it sank to the bottom and all my fish are used to floating food. Mine is still sitting in the freezer.

I mix both brine and mysis soaked in Zoe, Selcor and garlic. Every one goes crazy!

yes it was the frozen, but it didnt sink, and the only one that wouldnt eat it was the new clown..... but thats ok, now they have a varitey...

Do you mean those formula one frozen cubes will "melt" and then you get rid of the liquid and only feed the pieces? Sorry I was a bit confused. I usually just cut it up then feed the pieces and I haven't had a problem for 2 years now.

EELectric said:
Do you mean those formula one frozen cubes will "melt" and then you get rid of the liquid and only feed the pieces? Sorry I was a bit confused. I usually just cut it up then feed the pieces and I haven't had a problem for 2 years now.

thats what i do, too. some say to thaw it and strain it so that the nasties dont get in the water. i guess i should try it....

I just melt the cubes in a little tankwater. I mix frozen Marine Cuisine and frozen mysis and sometimes a little flake...add garlic and I feed using a turkey baster. They go crazy. :)

Back
Top Bottom