Wrass and blenny decision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello
I have a 45 gallon tank that will eventually be a reef tank. I need help deciding on which small wrass and which blenny to get. For the wrass I'm thinking:
Sixline
Mccosker's flasher
Yellow coris
For the blenny just algae blenny right now.
Any suggestions for fish not on the list or info/ideas about the ones already there would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and I'm thinking just one fish from each category unless I find two wrasses that I love that would get along well.
Thank you

If you get the algea blenny make sure you see it eat. Most algea blennies will starve to death once the algea goes.

Could I keep the flasher and the yellow coris together? And also the algae blenny (if that works, if not suggestions for a different interesting blenny would be greatly appreciated!)

Did some research and thinkin both wrasses from my previous post....anyone wanna chime in about the blenny?

My lawnmower blenny eats anything it can even will take food out of my clowns mouth. I also have a midas blenny and if I had to chose I couldn't. They both beg and eat from my fingers. They are in 2 different tanks.

Thanks for the help! I thunk I'll go with the lawnmower cuz I'll already have a yellow fish....

mdaniel2882 said:
If you are going to do 2 wrasses make sure you put them in in this order:
Flasher
Fairy
regular

Does regular include the yellow coris wrass?

I have a six line wrasse and a sailfin blenny. I can tell u that the blenny is heaps of fun, he's so curious about everything that goes on in the tank, always investigating and a clown overall. We love him the most in our tank. He also eats everything. At first he was happy grazing on algae, but he's so curious about what all the other fish are eating he feels that he must investigate and try it. This guy is hilarious... U would not be sorry if u get him. The wrasse keeps to himself and not very interested in social events in the tank.

Yeah blennies are great. My starry blenny is one of the best looking blennies IMO and he eats pellets no problem.

Wrasses I'm not sure on because I have no experience, I just like flasher wrasses

Flasher wrasses are notorius jumpers too. A flasher works ideally when a single male has about 2 or more females to flash at. He'd drive only one crazy and likely force her to jump.

What about just one male? And sailfin blennys seem cool....are they easier or harder than algae blennys?

Either blenny depends on whether it eats prepared foods. Have the lfs feed your choice first. One male flasher is totally fine. He might flash once in a while at his reflection in the glass.

Ok cool! Also....would the coris wrass count as "normal" on that list of order to add them in?

Back
Top Bottom