Wrasse ate my shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daney90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just looking at my tank and found out that my sixline was tearing apart my cleaner shrimp into pieces. I feed my fish 3 times a week and i know theyre not starving. Are wrasses opportunistic eaters? I don't have any shrimp now and I feel like flushing this bad boy in the toilet. Watching my shrimp getting eaten is like a feast for them but its awful to look at. :(

All in all six lines are nasty little fish sooner or later. Idk if he would of killed it unless the shrimp was sick but IMO there almost like a damsel.

Wow I never suspected that 6 line wrasse and the damsel will do that. I had 2 cleaner shrimps gone one at a time and I never knew who did it. Now I have my 3rd shrimp. I think when shrimp sheds it sends out smell as food so they attack them.

Wow I never suspected that 6 line wrasse and the damsel will do that. I had 2 cleaner shrimps gone one at a time and I never knew who did it. Now I had my 3rd shrimp. I think when shrimp sheds it sends out smell as food so they attack them.
I had two cleaner shrimps before too. One day when I came home from work one was missing and didn't show up anymore but I didn't have wrasses at that time yet so IDK what happened. This time though I saw the 6line nipped at the shrimp and hid under the rocks so I couldn't rescue the shrimp and even if I did its still going to die.

Back
Top Bottom