Wrasse in the Overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nf37

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, I lost my six line wrasse about a month and a half ago. I thought he died somehow and was eaten because I didn't see any remains or anything so I chucked it up as a loss.

Well I was doing some sump maintainance and decided to look up inside my overflow from the bottom.....and there he was!

I got pretty excited and yelled to the wife that I found her fish, then we laughed about it for a minute...

Then we started thinking, how the heck are we going to get him out of there??? He will come into my hand but he won't stay there so I can pull him out. I was considering using a plastic bag and trying to get him to go into the bag, but I haven't attempted it yet.

Any suggestions to get him out will be appreciated!

How big is over flow? Will a small net fit in there? If your hand will, a small net should. Then spook him in net.

I had a goby that got in my overflow. I got him out with my hand. The net idea will work also.

im surprised it was still alive

Yeah, I was suprised he was still alive also. Fish are amazing scavengers it seems :popcorn:

But I tried the net to fish him out, didn't work. The overflows tubing makes maneuvering a pain, but I'll figure it out.

Back
Top Bottom