Most recent addition to aquarium library paid off.
I had a slug die a couple of months ago and while removing it from the tank, released toxin into tank. I am a regular sushi eater (ironic isn't it?), so I am fretty efficient at using chop sticks, so that's what I used to take it out. POOF! out went the cloud. Lost about 15 mushrooms, but that was it. Only the feather and rhodactus were bothered. Smooth, pimpled and polyps are fine. Being suspicous of the cloud, I did more frequent water changes, AC
changes, but still had casualties.
said this was a filter feeder and reef safe. Knowing my reptiles, I had a suspicion that the color marking were a good indicator of venomous/toxic species, so I specifically asked if it was poisonous. His reply was no. Whell up reading "Invertebrates
" Reference guide, he was wrong.....Way wrong! The caption below the picture in book says
" this species is very toxic and may kill all life in an aquarium
". Also carnivorous and feeds on sponges. I will talk with him today after work.
Bottom line.... DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!