WTG Peppermint Shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeeDemTails

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put a big peppermint shrimp in my tank the other day as a trade in for a choc chip star.....man that guy has eaten almost all my aiptasia, even some of the bigget ones in less than a week!

And he gets along with my dotty back, or should I say the dottyback gets along with him.

Ah... lol XD I related WTG with WTB and WTS haha

Do your pep. shrimps bother any of your corals? I've heard that they will munch on zoos?

I have one and he hasn't touched them at all. The CBS I've heard of munching corals but I've never heard of peppermint shrimp doing that. Then again anything is possible.

Well, shows over.....

The shrimp ate every last aiptasia in the tank, even the biggest ones!!!!

Man, I hope he doesnt starve now....does he have to have aiptasia?

He doesnt seem interested in flake or brine.

No pep shrimps don't "have" to have aiptasia. They accept a wide variety of food. Maybe there are still some more aiptasia in the tank and your shrimp is saving his stomach for them ;)

Man, I hope he doesnt starve now..
Are they not great at eliminating Aiptasias! It will not starve with out them as fishfrik mentioned. Peps will scavenge what they need when you feed your fish, although I do hand feed mine pieces of meat while feeding the rest of my tank to make sure he's happy. They can be quite social since they are a cleaning species.

Yep, Mike is correct. I handfeed my peppermint shrimp once in awhile to make sure he's getting his food. He'll walk right up my fingers to grab the food. :) Glad he cleaned up your Aiptasias, did the same here also! Good find. :)

My shrimp liked the gel based cube food. It would sink and they could snack on it whenever they wanted.

SHRIMP

I once had my pep shrimp feed my chakri clown
then i had one that started eating parts of my long tentacle anemone
he was definitely traded
i have zoos and the same LTA
i am reluctant to get them but i have aiptasia :?

I CAN GET THE CHEMICAL THING BUT I SPENT WAY TO MUCH TO EXPERIMENT IN MY TANK

You could use Joe's Juice if you are afraid of getting a peppermint shrimp. Some times the shrimp will eat at something if it is dieing or decaying. Thats just what they do. However, if your anemone looks good then you could give another peppermint shrimp a shot. I haven't had a problem with mine yet.

Back
Top Bottom