xenia??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rncarter

Aquarium Advice Freak
How long does it takes for xenia to attach themselves to rocks. I bought a xenia yesterday that is not currently attached to anything.

If you go the superglue route (which is my personal favorite) be sure to use GEL superglue.

Pull out the rock you want it on, pull out the xenia, dab them dry with a paper towel. Glue them, give it maybe 30 seconds to dry then back in the tank it goes!

No specific brand as long as it's gel. I've heard the gorilla glue works well. I believe I use locktite.

Cyanoarcylic glue is supposedly good. I think it's the ingedient in the superglue that is needed for saltwater frags. Be careful because some glues heat up. You can't have them burn the coral.

I would say a few minutes. If it was a stony coral you could go much longer but are you fragging it or is it already fragged? Also is it a stalk type or does it have a fleshy base?

Xenia doesn't do as well out of water as most corals so the faster you can get it fragged and back into the tank the better. I found using just a toothpick and rubberband worked the best. TG for youtube I tried to explain it but it sounded difficult.
YouTube - Coral fragging video (finger leather)

The guy I got these from took the 3 small starks out of his overflow box. They were only attached to some macro algae

joy13 said:
Xenia doesn't do as well out of water as most corals so the faster you can get it fragged and back into the tank the better. I found using just a toothpick and rubberband worked the best. TG for youtube I tried to explain it but it sounded difficult.
YouTube - Coral fragging video (finger leather)

This is a great video. Lol I was going to try to explain it but I couldnt.

It could. Just make sure it is their tightly. I that doesn't work, get a plastic container and fill it partially with live rock rubble. Put the xenia in and cover the top of the container with mesh. Place it in a low flow area and it should be healed pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom