xenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pluk1992

Aquarium Advice Activist
im looking to get one and have found mixed reviews on what they need to thrive so alot of opions would help out

These guys need moderate lighting (although that is sometimes in dispute) and decent water quality. Over time, they can actually lower the nitrates in your aquarium, making it easier to keep more delicate corals. Some people find that they will start spreading everywhere once they get a head start.

these guys are kinda strange, if the condiction right, they grow like weeds. I use to have a frag about 1 inch big, and in 2 months it spread all over my tank. I belive iodine is the important thing they need.

dskidmore said:
There should be enough iodine in your salt mix, if you do regular partial water changes.
well thatz actually depend on how often the water change and how many coral in the tank.

My opinion is they do not like a ton of water flow. They are pretty easy but you must be carful with the water quality. It likes good water like most or all corals. They are relatively easy to maintain and they spread. I love to see our xenia pulsing!
Let us know what you decide.

Back
Top Bottom