Xenia and Hammer Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Schgred

Aquarium Advice Activist
Take a look at the pictures that I have attached. The xenia is obviously growing like a weed and I know that it is peaceful in that it won't sting but I also know the hammer coral is pretty aggressive. My hope in putting the xenia where it is is that it will grow around the hammer and that the hammer will continue to grow. I have had it like this for about 2 months now and both are growing great. I have had the hammer since June and it has gone from one head to three since.

I realize that the hammer will kill parts of the xenia as it grows but my question is this. The xenia won't prevent the hammer from growing will it? I want the hammer to keep growing and I want the xenia to grow around the hammer.

Attachments

• image-897338094.jpg
    image-897338094.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2582058929.jpg
    image-2582058929.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 144
I too have had Xenia right beside hammer coral. I have since separated them because the hammer causes the xenia to shrivel if touched. I am sure the xenia will grow around it but anything close will get "zapped".

Back
Top Bottom