Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

xenia and yellow polyps

I have some xenia that has moved onto the same rock as a yellow polyp colony. The side of the xenia tht is facing the polyps is looking a bit "wilted". Could the polyps be stinging th xenia? All other xenia is looking great and water parameters are well within normal limits. Thanks! Lando

Old 12-01-2004, 07:49 PM   #2
steve-s

In coral warfare, Xenia will lose almost every time. If possible I would cut the Xenia away from that rock and relocate it. Otherwise it will continue to dwindle into nothing.

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks. Should I just use a razor and get it at the base? Super glue to re-attatch
Old 12-01-2004, 10:51 PM   #4
steve-s

Cut it as close as possible to the base. It will try to come back but the yellow polyps will cure that. I always find gluing softies rather hit and miss, you can try it but it's alot easier to let them attach themselves. Either wedge it in a safe place or fill a shallow plastic food grade container with rubble pieces and sit it in there. You'll need to cover it loosely with veil material. If you have a HOB breeder box, I find that to be the easiest and least amount of fuss.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
polyp, polyps, xenia, yellow polyps

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com