Xenia, bushy or silver branch...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm wanting to get some xenia but can't seem to find any locally, so my only option right now is online.. I've seen some at liveaquaria.com and they are all out of the cheapo silverbranch.. but the bushy they have but it is 80 bux.. whereas the other is 45..what is everyone's opinions on which type of xenia to get and if the bushy is worth the extra bux.. http://www.liveaquaria.com/search_action.cfm

$80 seems a little steap for xenia. I would wait and see if they get the less exspensive stuff in. I have some silver brach and it grows like crazy.

link does not work for me....
$80 for xenia seems a lot to me... But then again I belong to a reef club and we give the stuff away all the time.. It grows like weeds in some tanks.

I need to belong to a reef club then..hehe.. I believe liveaquaria is having trouble with their site, which is why u can't pull it up off that link there..would there be any other good place online to get coral and other things from that is equally as good as liveaquaria is with returns and other policies?

$80.00 is a ton of money for Xenia. I live in North Florida, and they have a good deal of nice Xenia for relatively cheap. Maybe you could take a daytrip down or I could mail some to you....just something to think about.

How much would it cost you to mail some to me? I'm in west central FL, Spring Hill to be exact! Maybe we could work out a trade of some sorts ... I don't have much to trade but I do have a couple Bullseye mushrooms I'd be willing to part with!

I didn't know that about Xenia..that's kind of a bummer.

If you all are interested, I have a ridiculous amount of Red Xenia in my tank right now. I'd be more than willing to frag it out. I wouldn't mind driving to meet someone as long as it isn't too far away.

Like Hara says it does ot ship well. I have a fish wholesaller in my area that will but xenia from local reefers becasue of that problem.
Doing a meet would be the best way to do a trade.

Back
Top Bottom