Xenia coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Imianman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a quick question. How do I get my Xenia coral off the plug I bought it on? It's grown from one stalk to three but it's still on the top of the plug.

You can slice it off with a razor, then just affix it to a rock with either a rubber band or some fishing line. Just don't go to tight, or it will pull thro

You can slice it off with a razor, then just affix it to a rock with either a rubber band or some fishing line. Just don't go to tight, or it will pull thro

Oops. It will pull through the flesh of the coral. :)

How would I secure it to a flat rock that I want it to spread on?

Can't get a rubber band or string around it I guess... I suppose you could lay it on the rock and place a piece of rock on top of it, that way it pinches it a bit. Only takes a week or so for it to attach.

You could always just cut it loose, let it blow around the tank for an hour, and see where it lands. :) I have a piece that is now attached to the back wall of my nano thanks to that little move.

I have fragged a bunch of my xenia using cheese cloth. Its just a very thin cotton netting you can find in the fabrics aisle in walmart. Place the xenia on the rock of choice and wrap the rock with the cheese cloth. After 2-3 days it will be attached to the rock.

Back
Top Bottom