Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-04-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 337
Xenia Growth/Movement

I keep thinking to myself.. "Wow.. that Xenia frag is really getting big" I always wondered how it grew.

Last night, I got to see it firsthand and thought some others would find it cool to see.

So.. I snapped a shot...

Yesterday, the branch to the lower right was completely connected to the main branch. My guess is that it brushed up against the rockwork nearby and decided to detach itself from it's mother and go solo.

In this shot, it's about 95% done with the move. I assume by tonight, it will be completely detached.

Anyway.. I thought it was quite COOL
__________________

__________________
goisles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Sharkbait430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Westchester, NY
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by goisles1 View Post
I keep thinking to myself.. "Wow.. that Xenia frag is really getting big" I always wondered how it grew.

Last night, I got to see it firsthand and thought some others would find it cool to see.

So.. I snapped a shot...

Yesterday, the branch to the lower right was completely connected to the main branch. My guess is that it brushed up against the rockwork nearby and decided to detach itself from it's mother and go solo.

In this shot, it's about 95% done with the move. I assume by tonight, it will be completely detached.

Anyway.. I thought it was quite COOL
I want one of these so bad!! Could I put one of these in my tank even with having a Chocolate Chip Seastar?
__________________

__________________
Danilo
Vote AA!
Sharkbait430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait430 View Post
I want one of these so bad!! Could I put one of these in my tank even with having a Chocolate Chip Seastar?
not sure bout that... no experience with stars on my end
__________________
goisles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Sharkbait430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Westchester, NY
Posts: 590
I think this calls for a new thread =)
__________________
Danilo
Vote AA!
Sharkbait430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkbait430 View Post
I think this calls for a new thread =)
go 4 it

here's a b4 and after pic of my Xenia Frag

Keep in mind it's only been in my tank approx 2 months. Not bad for a $10 frag

Before:


2 months later:
__________________
goisles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Sharkbait430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern Westchester, NY
Posts: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by goisles1 View Post
go 4 it

here's a b4 and after pic of my Xenia Frag

Keep in mind it's only been in my tank approx 2 months. Not bad for a $10 frag

Before:


2 months later:
Wow, $10, where is your LFS, lol.
__________________

__________________
Danilo
Vote AA!
Sharkbait430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
growth, movement, xenia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xenia growth out of control pancho Saltwater Reef Aquaria 9 02-19-2007 02:37 PM
Xenia question - withe growth on stalk?? jasno999 Saltwater Reef Aquaria 4 05-30-2006 05:05 PM
Do I have enough water movement? mnestroy Saltwater Reef Aquaria 2 04-10-2006 11:29 AM
Movement In Tank InxayonFinland Saltwater Reef Aquaria 2 02-03-2006 11:53 PM
Movement InxayonFinland General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 8 01-25-2006 07:09 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.