xenia losing color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My pulsing xenia has been doing good. Nice pink color and plenty of pulsing. I noticed the other day that it's starting to lighten up a bit. It still pulses great and doesn't look sick just lighter. It's been in the same spot since I bought it about 2 months ago. Haven't moved it. Any ides???

I've had mine for about that same time.
I'll post you a pic. Can you post a pic?

Very nice. My moon lights are on for the night and my xenia is closed up but doesn't look that nice. Only one trunk. What kind of water parameters do you have? I heard they like a little nitrate. (dirty)My water is pretty clean

I have a 20 gallon tank. I had a skimmer but decided to take it out. I do weekly water changes so I really don't think it's necessary. My soft corals seemed to do better when my nitrates where around 10 or so. With the skimmer, they were 0 Was your xenia from a frag?

Yes, it was from a very large frag. He's in my 180 now so I can control my water quality pretty easily.

This is my first salt water tank. Taking care of a 20 gallon is challenging. I now the bigger the tank, the more room for error. I have a 55 gallon fresh water tank and it's a piece of cake compared to the 20. I must say, it is rewarding keeping everything alive in a salt water tank...lol

What lights do you have? If t5s or halides it may be time for a bulb change?

Back
Top Bottom