Xenia Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a small frag of xenia from a friend and cant seem to find the best spot in my tank for it. What type of areas do xenia do best in?(i.e. current, lighting, etc.) Thanks for the help!

mine always liked high flow and high lighting. but they will adapt to almost anything. if you start them at the bottom of your glass they will spread and crawl up towards the light.

steve r

Current=low to moderate
Lighting=ranges from PC's up to MH and depending on the light depends on the placement. It is a very hardy coral.

Thanks! Thats kinda what I was figuring. I originally put them in the bottom with current but only about 1/2 opened so I took it away from the current last night and this morning it didnt look to great. I put it back down to the bottom and its looking a little better

Mine CHOSE the top of the tank, right under MH's in the current of the spraybar and returns

Attachments

• xenia_133.jpg
    xenia_133.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 43
That is a neat look , any pics from the front of the tank?
I never could keep xenia alive :( not sure why . I have heard several things including they like a bit dirtyer water ? I finally just gave up and quit trying to keep it :)

That looks awesome. I think you have more xenia than i have room in my tank, LOL. Thanks for the heads up, now I guess ill find the sweet spot for the xenia.

I wasent implying that the water was dirty ...:) I was just told it needed more nutrients that I could give ... I was also told some folks can keep it others just cant :) I am one that cant ;)

Well find a spot for it, or it will find a spot for itslef....if it isnt happy with its location, it will rips its own stalk and float around till it finds something to attach to.

If you want it to attack to your LR, just put it sideways on the rock and the stalk will attach.

Back
Top Bottom