Xenia question - withe growth on stalk??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just came back from being away for 3 days and I topped off my tank. I took a look at my Xenia which is still pretty small and I noticed that on the stalk there is this sort of lumppy white mass on two sides of the stalk. These lumpy white masses are near where the stalk begins to branch out to each of the arms. I guess it is just below that branching point.

Anybody have any idea what this could be??? SHould I be worried? Sorry I jsut don't have my camera to post a picture right now but will try to get a shote later- But I am nto sure if I will be able to get a quality shot.

LEt me knwo what oyu guys think.

From my experience, it could be growing/reproducing. Give it a few days and see what developes. You could end up with more stalks.

This white growth is not at the bottom of the stalk it is actally near the top of the main stalk just before the Xenia branches out.

This is my first Xenia and I have had it for at least a month now. I purchased a small frag from thatpetplace.com a while back. It has definitly grown in length but I have not seen groth in width or the number of hands.

I was hopign that this was a sign of growth but since I am nto familiar with how Xenia works I was also concearned that it could be a bad thing. I am still not ceartain what it is (good or bad).

It could be growth.. I have seen similar when my xenia moved up the rockwork - used to be a point where the xenia was attached to the rock. Either way it doesn't sound bad..

Back
Top Bottom