Xenia with Chocolate Chip Sea Star?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkbait430

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, I was wondering if I could get a Xenia frag for my tank while I have a chocolate chip sea star? Would it be ok or would the sea star harm it? I know the CC sea stars like to munch on coral but wasn't sure about the xenia?

"It is not reef compatible, as it will eat soft corals, sponges, tubeworms, clams, and other starfish. It can grow up to 15 inches in diameter, so is only appropriate for very large aquariums." Your tank is not big enough and xenia is on it's diet.

"It is not reef compatible, as it will eat soft corals, sponges, tubeworms, clams, and other starfish. It can grow up to 15 inches in diameter, so is only appropriate for very large aquariums." Your tank is not big enough and xenia is on it's diet.

Oh man...well, I guess we'll see what happens, thanks for all your help TC! If he gets too big, I can always bring him to my LFS and get a different sea star otherwise, maybe Ill have a bigger tank by then ;)

You are so luck to have a LFS that would take an item back. The ones that are close enough for me has a policy of "out the door and it's yours". lol

That is soooo nice. I bought a fish, when I had FW, and asked if I could have it double bagged because that fish had some nasty spines and the guy told me "NO, ONE IS GOOD ENOUGH". So much for the customer is always right,,,,,Ha, ha...........

Back
Top Bottom