Xenias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANIQU77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here are my xenias as they start to move and execute their plan of attack to take over the universe....of my fish tank.

Week 1
031906_001.jpg

Week 3

040906_034.jpg

Sooner or later I will regret acquiring xenia. But for now, wow, they are fun to watch!

Yes they are neat corals but need constant pruning. Color got much better after you had them a little while.

nice! i just recently got a small colony a little over a month ago and it tripled its size since...

i have the same stuff. it's done really well in my tank until just recently...maybe i need to prune it.

Prune it, like, from the base?

I don't have those cool plastic bags that the LFS has. Can ziplocks do the trick?

Anyone in the Maryland Area who wants to swap frags with me? All but one frag left that rock on the first pic. So I have an instant fragged xenia.

I have ich in the tank right now so I can't trade the frag. Sorry guys.

tjara03 said:
how do you frag/prune xenia?? Sorry i just a lil noob..

scissors, knife, razor.... some just rip them... they are amaizing, they will grow back from very little flesh

mykpoz said:
tjara03 said:
how do you frag/prune xenia?? Sorry i just a lil noob..

scissors, knife, razor.... some just rip them... they are amaizing, they will grow back from very little flesh

really?? so i can just cut off one of the branches, attatch it to another rock and voila?!?!

exactly...i just did it to a stalk a few weeks ago. i cut it off with a razor then i held it down with a rubberband to a small piece of live rock. gave it a few days to attatch then took the rubberband off. now i have a new colony. (whatever you do dont use superglue, i tried it and they just fall off after a few days) SO EASY

Back
Top Bottom