Yahoo, finally rearranged the prop tank ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefLady

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been wanting to do it for a while; we finally made the time today.

I had a ton of large pieces of LR in the prop tank ~ took them all out and put them in the 'fuge. The refugium probably has about 50lbs of LR in there now, yikes!

Also had uneven shelving, and too many shaded areas. My husband cut up some pvc & eggcrate for me, and we re-did the whole thing. Sorry about the quaility of the pics, there's nothing I hate more than taking pictures under VHO lighting. Now, just to save up enough $$ to put a MH on this tank....

whole_frag1.jpg

shelf1.jpg

shelf4.jpg

right_shelf2.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Excellent!!

I love it, can't wait to have a need for one myself ;)

Is this system tied into your entire system or is it seperate?

Kevin,

It's inline (40g tank) - in the basement with the sump & 'fuge. The way we have it set up is ....

The main tank has three bulkheads (drains). These drain via flexible PVC to the basement. One drains into the fuge (which then drains into the sump), the other drains into the frag tank (which also drains into the sump), and the third drain drains directly into the sump. Each drain has a separate ball valve on it so we can regulate the flow as we wish.

Which is why my basement looks like Dexter's laboratory. :)

PHOTO request of basement PLEASE.

Thats a nice looking frag tank full of nice looking frags.

FRAG SALE?

FOOTBALL

U mean the game thats on ESPN

jets.gif
VS.
bucs.gif

I hear its tape delay. I know the result but I wont spoil it for ya.

FRAG SALE?
if your selling any let me know.

Yeppers, fragz are for sale. I'll post something in the "Classifieds" forum a little later today.

Aaron ~ as requested, pics of basement......

The pics are cruddy, but you get the idea. The first one shows the whole sump area, with the sump itself to the left - the refugium is the other stock tank to the right (and behind) the frag tank:

basement1.jpg

This one just shows more of the sump itself:

basement2.jpg

Just the sump:

basement3.jpg

Refugium (view from the right/behind the sump):

basement4.jpg

Inside the 'fuge:

basement5.jpg

Thanks again for looking!!

OUTSTANDING.

Thank you for sharing all of your 'labratory' photos. I see you need a bucket to reach things. Maybe the next phase is builing a standing platform.

Excellent set up Teri (y) Makes me wish I lived in a house.

LOL... I would not want to be on your "friends" list if you ever decided to move though.. 8O

Cheers
Steve

I would not want to be on your "friends" list if you ever decided to move though..

LMAO!!!!!!

Although you might get better than pizza and beer for helping move!! Pizza, beer and frags....what could be better ;)

I do have a question, what is the tall acrylic cylinder (attatched to a mag drive pump) in front of the sump to the left in the pics.

Believe me guys, this tank is not ever going to get moved .. <shudder>. LOL

what is the tall acrylic cylinder (attatched to a mag drive pump) in front of the sump to the left in the pics.

Kalk (Nilsen) reactor.

8)

Forgive my ignorance here... I'm assuming a frag tank is simply a tank to keep coral frags in for later sale or whatever? Also, what is a refugium?

Your correct on the frag tank being a special tank designed excusivlly for the grow out of coral frags for sale/trade.

A refugium is simply an aquarium with no fish and no preditors. There are many types of fuges (aka refugium). You can use them to grow macro algae, be a place for small crustations like pods to live and multiply and since these tanks are connected to your main tank they can also feed and filter your main tank.

So, if you didn't really want a DSB in your tank, or a ton of LR for that matter, you could run your water through another tank which would house both, thus giving you the benifits of DSB and LR without actually having them in your display tank?

Yes you could do that, but you would need enough LR in the secondary tank to filter both volumes of water, not to practical IMO.

Back
Top Bottom