Yellow Head Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it's day 3 now and this fish isn't eating. I have been placing pieces of mysis in his house and he grabs them and moves them out of the cave. Any advice for feeding?

Gregcoyote said:
I was afraid of that. You might soak the food with a bit of garlic, that sometimes works.

Crazy thing just happened.. I went out and got some frozen brine shrimp and tried that. He sucked it right down! That stuffs like candy for fish! After a few pieces of that I tried the mysis again and he sucked it in.........waited a few seconds and spit it out.. Picky little turd! I'm glad he eating tho! I also noticed both Saturday and Sunday I came home and found one of my ricordea frags in his house! Saturday I moved it back and what would you know! Sunday morning it was right back in there! I glue it down and he pulls it off the rock. So I hid it on the other side of the tank and so far he hasnt found it. I read that they like to pull frags in.

I guarantee that if you had access to enriched live brine shrimp, he would eat like a pig. For now, just soak the frozen shrimp in some food booster with vitamins. Glad he is eating!

Back
Top Bottom