Yellow-Headed Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlkng1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, I am going to cave in and ask :)

A setup in one of my LFS' has a couple of yellow headed jawfish that I am quite taken with and I am thinking I want one of these guys for a 28NC.

I have one 28 setup with a Clown and a Tailspot Blenny and while the sandbed may be shallow, I can certainly add more..I have over 20 pounds left over. I have a lot of liverock rubble that has smaller pieces so I should have enough "home building" material for the jawfish. I do have a single firefish still in the old tank that I plan to shift into the still setting up tank once completed.

I have been reading that it might be better to introduce the jawhead as the first fish and I have another 28 that is nearly ready for inhabitants...right now it just has liverock with no sand bed as yet.

As a stock list in either or both of the tanks, I am looking at Blennies, 1 clown in each tank and Firefish. I did read that Gobies may bug a jawhead but I like those yellow clown gobies as well and was hoping to add one or two.

My corals at current consist of a hairy mushroom (hitchiker on liverock), Hammer coral, a couple of starburst polyps of various species and a zoo colony. I have some mushrooms as well that were also liverock hitchikers. I also have some brittle stars that have now made themselves known but from what I can see these aren't dangerous for the tank inhabitants. For now I will call them convict brittles as they are banded balck and white :)...maybe a kinder term would be zebra brittles.

I realize my stock is limited to 4-5 fish at most per tank; I just haven't decided on the final distribution.

Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom