Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Yellow Pollyps

I have a 55G tank, with 2X 54 watt T5 bulbs, (1 brand new 10K and 1 Actinic). Anyway parameters are ideal for the pollyps and i have a protein skimmer. I have had issues with these before, they seemed fine however did not multiply exponentally, only a few at a time, and they never really looked to gain much popluation. My light rescently blew, and i had to send them back to the LFS to hold until i got a nother T5 strip. They are back now after all the stress and look in rough shape. Fed them but the numbers are scarce and they dont look healthy. What kind of care does everyone provide their pollyps, how are they doing? I am upset because i go to the LFS and their pollyps are beautiful, full and open! Nothing like mine! What am i doing wrong ? Any tips / tricks ?

mmaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I would make sure they have a little flow and set them higher in the tank. When I had mine I did not feed them. They got all they needed from the lighting and water column. They were eaten yrs ago by a drawf angel I put in my tank. Never make that mistake again.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com