Yellow Polyps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skipper

Aquarium Advice Regular
Bought a rock with yellow polys today. From what I researched, they would be a good starter coral and reproduce quickly. Anything special I need to know about them?

lol Thats alright, I got plenty of rock for them to cover. Will they die if I move some to a tank with very little lighting?

no mine are doing fine and I have some light fixtures burnt out.They had 240w NO light on 55 , they actually did better when 2 of the fixtures burned out leaving 160w.They really like the 03's though keep that in mind

Funny that....
I had a rock with yellow polyps on. I fed home-brew Phyto and bought Zooplankton. The rock also had some hitchhiker anthea (sp?) that went crazy, as have all the other corals in my tank. The yellows though simply slowly disappeared, nothing I did seemed to make any diference.
The antheas, that's another story - growing like a weed - my lawnmower blenny just LOVES sleeping in the long tentacles!

Everyone said the yellows would reproduce like a weed, couldn't keep them alive in my (otherwise extremely healthy) tank :?

Back
Top Bottom