Yellow tail damsel and algae blenny... any help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jazztalker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just put an algae blenny in my 75 FOWLR. I have 2 damsels (both yellow tail) and a convict tang I just added yesterday. The damsels for the most part, left the tang alone, but one of them is all over my poor blenny right now. I separated the damsel for the time being, and I know what everyone is going to say: "damsels are mean, you have to get it out of that tank"... but will the damsel calm down or if I let him go will he go right back for the blenny? The compatability charts I've seen say they should be ok. Thanks!

Yeah, I did try to rearrange the rocks, I moved the one he usually goes in at night. It took him all of about 10 seconds to figure out what had happened...lol

They seem to be getting along now. The interesting part is that after all their fighting, the Blenny decided to swim into the "cave" in my live rock where the damsel always spends the night. Needless to say, this brought about more tension lol. Poor blenny... just looking for somewhere safe to sleep. I think they ended up both in the cave at night. Also, the damsel looks like he got more beat up than the blenny... so I guess he stood up for himself lol.

Back
Top Bottom