Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-24-2014, 11:11 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

I also share a similar story, I've had a yellow tail damsel for a couple years and it has been a model citizen. It is the smallest fish I have in my 57 gal.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Yellow Tail Damselfish Attacking Clownfish

The only fish that ever attacked me on a dive was a swarm of clown fish protecting their anemone. It would be a slow death by clown fish, kind of like being pecked to death by ducks. But they don't care how big you are they don't back down. Meanest fish I ever owned was a big tomato clown.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:33 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post
The only fish that ever attacked me on a dive was a swarm of clown fish protecting their anemone. It would be a slow death by clown fish, kind of like being pecked to death by ducks. But they don't care how big you are they don't back down. Meanest fish I ever owned was a big tomato clown.
My maroon attacks me every time I have my hands in the tank...
Old 03-03-2014, 01:02 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

I had two clown fish for about 4 months. Then they started fighting and one bit both of the others fins off. First it started with nipping and chasing. The smaller ones pectoral fin got cut up but not too bad. It got fin rot so i kept an eye on him, doubled up on water changes to keep the water perfect. As soon as it started to get better, i walked in my room after school to find him with no pectoral fins on both sides!!! Both sides were almost flush with the rest of his body. I immediately separated the mean one. And the next day i brought it to my lfs because i didnt want a mean fish. I had doubted that the little one would survive but i had hope. He seemed unaffected by it and would play and swim in front of the power heads and he could keep up with the 800 gph ones with out getting pushed away. Its been a few weeks and to my surprise his numbs are almost completely healed over! I honestly dont think he is suffering and never did. The whole time swimming fine, eating fine and seemed happy

Tags
attack, attacking, clown, clownfish, damsel, damselfish, fish, tail, yellow

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com