Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhTheHumanity

Aquarium Advice Activist
I pruchased a Yellow tang at my lfs last night. When he was swimming in their tank he looked beautiful. He is about 3 1/2in long, 4in tall and brilliant yellow. He started eating with in 5 minutes of putting him in the tank. He is very curious of his surroundings and active.

Now for the "But". When I got him home and was acclimating him I noticed 2 horizontal white stripes running down his mid-line on each side of his body. They are about a 3/4 of an inch long. They are identical. The lines also come and go. I don't think there is anything wrong with him, he looks very healthy. Is it something that occurs naturally when Tangs are a little spooked?

Thanks ahead of time.

I've noticed that on my yellow tangs too. :D I only see it when the lights go out and the tank is dark, they get dark patches along the side of them with a white stripe. I thought something was wrong with them at first but they have done just fine for about a year now, so I am assuming that it is perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom