Yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott1324

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So i was wondering what the white patch in the middle of a yellow tangs body is. Does anyone knoe? I dont meen ich

Attachments

• image-306713127.jpg
    image-306713127.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 145
I'm curious myself. Most lfs I go to have yellow tangs with these and I never see one without it other than like YouTube. Maybe it has to do with something like lateral line disease?

mine has it as well, less noticable when the lights are on for a while it fades as much as you can barely see it. When the moonlights are on over night most of his body is white then he colors up when the lights are on.

A healthy yellow tang holds a bright golden yellow color with a small white barb on either side of it's tail fin. When selecting a Yellow Tang one should look for those which are alert, show good color, and eating prepared foods. Yellow tangs will become quite pale and show a white horizontal line across their body at night or when scared. This is normal behavior during the night, but it could be an indicator of something wrong if shown during the day. My yellow tangs all have this line and it is more obvious when they darken up at night.

I have a blond naso tang with this line as well. However it seems to be very healthy and active. This line just appeared out of the blue one Day.

Tangs are typically schooling fish in nature. The white line you see running along its flank allows the school to identify direction in low light level conditions. It's an indicating mark for the group to coordinate movement and the reason that it becomes more pronounced under blue or no light in the home aquarium.

I've been told not to make alot of threads so ill ask on this...
What is the minimum tank size for a scopus tang?
What's the smallest tang?
Can the have mushrooms with them?

I would say a 75 for a Scopas, more conservative would be 125 (6 feet long).

A Kole Tang or Tomini does better in smaller tanks though.

You were told not to start threads? Really?

I would say a 75 for a Scopas, more conservative would be 125 (6 feet long).

A Kole Tang or Tomini does better in smaller tanks though.

You were told not to start threads? Really?

Yes cause they said there were threads on that type of fish so don't make more...(FW)
Any type of tang in a 20g?
Could a pair of a type of clowns go in a 20g?
I used to have SW but I just don't remember ANY fish what so ever...

No tangs in a 20 unless that's us it's QT or b/c it's too small to go into a more suitable tank that you already have set up.
For example, a "tiny" hippo who needs specialized and closely monitored conditions but only until its about 1 - 1 1/4inch.
And yes a pair of clowns are great for a 20gl but basically as the main fish with only 1 or 2 pretty small fish.

No tangs in a 20 unless that's us it's QT or b/c it's too small to go into a more suitable tank that you already have set up.
For example, a "tiny" hippo who needs specialized and closely monitored conditions but only until its about 1 - 1 1/4inch.
And yes a pair of clowns are great for a 20gl but basically as the main fish with only 1 or 2 pretty small fish.

So for fish:
Pair of clowns
Sissortail goby or wrasse
Watchmen goby or wrasse
(Only a total of 1wrasse)

That sounds good to me, the scissor-tail might get a bit big though, how about a fire fish?

That sounds good to me, the scissor-tail might get a bit big though, how about a fire fish?

2o.clowns
1six line wrasse
1scissor tail goby (ate you telling me not to or do I have a choice?)
1watch men goby or something else

You have a choice, if your tank is a 20 long I think it would be better but depending on your rock work and size of everything once it's grown some it may look like a tight fit IMO

You have a choice, if your tank is a 20 long I think it would be better but depending on your rock work and size of everything once it's grown some it may look like a tight fit IMO

It's a tall:(
2clowns
1 small wrasse or dragonet
1 scissor tail goby
---
Cuc
A type of starfish

It's a tall:(
2clowns
1 small wrasse or dragonet
1 scissor tail goby
---
Cuc
A type of starfish

|-------------------|
| |
| |
|_______________|

This is tank as an overview(numbers are where rocks would go)
|-------------------|
|312334555564 |
|13 44 |
|2_____________4|

Back
Top Bottom