Yellow Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im aquiring a yellow tang and wonder, do you they macro algae? I feed my regal Nori and this is all it will eat.

tang

I have had mine for nearly three months now and she's never touched the macro. She eats seaweed and occassionally I'll drop in a piece of romain lettuce on the clip.
HTH

Mine eats everything:
Ocean Nutrition Prime Reef flakes
Formula Two flakes
Formula One pellets (if she can find small enough ones, or some that have soaked for a while).
Frozen Marine Cuisine, which says it's for carnivores!!
Also lots of Nori sheets!
PS This is one happy and hefty tang!

Mine eats anything. I keep plenty of grape Calerpa in my tank and he eats it like there is no tomorrow. He also eats seaweed selects and Prime reef and mysis shrimp.

My Yellow Tang is a year old and from a previous owner and it has weird eating habits.
It won't touch the seaweed or macro I try to give it.
All it eats is New Life Spetrum Marine Formula pellets... and it gobbles them up like there's no tomorrow when I drop them in.
Go figure...
*shrug*

I`ll bet you that if you feed it every other day and put the macro in the tank or seaweed selects that eventually he will start nibbling on it. I know other people that had the same problem and there`s is eating macro now.

Back
Top Bottom