yellow tang and blue hippo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If introduced together, they may get along, otherwise you may run into some territorial disputes.

No matter how many tangs you house they will have their territorial disputes. The blue hippo's tend to be more shy and therefore less dominant, but the two are compatible...for tangs :)

i am getting him not this thursday but next yellow is about mid sized about twice size of my false perc well better example the yellow could fit in palm of my hand fins extended the blue hippos at my local store are normally like a inch big when they arrive on thursdays.

i belive so i cant find a measuring tape but it came from petland just a normal 55 i guess about the same depth as the 29 a little deeper but longer prob a little less than twice the length of the 29 but not as wide as the 29 lol

yea 48 long 20 tall and 12 1/2 wide everyone give their answer will a blue hippo a yellow tang two false perc a royal grama one damsel trying to catch to remove but no luck and a lawnmower blenny be okay in my 55 i plan on upgrading to a 75 or bigger within the next two years the local pet store gets there blue hippos in very small a inch and a half big or smaller the blue hippo is the one i plan on getting the rest have been in my tank for months very peacefully living together. will i be okay getting a small blue hippo in my tank at least until i can upgrade i am saving money for the tank right now soon as i have it the upgrade will hit i will just swap everything over.

Had my Hippo and Yellow tang together without any problems at all, in fact I think they were buddies. Unfortunately the Yellow guy just died today :(

Steve

I have 3 yellow tangs, 1 hippo, 1 clown tang, 1 blonde naso all get along fine....... the hippo is the daddy of the tank keeping all in check..........their other tank mates are 2 humbug damsels, 2 domino damsels, 2 yellow damsels, 2 blue damsels, 4 yellow tail blue damsels, 1 figi clown, pair of gold strip maroon clowns, blue trigger, blue cheek goby, 2 pyjama cardinals, 1 copper band, bi colour angel, coral beauty loads of LPS,SPS and soft’s....... all get along fine so i cant see why yours wont get on if you get him in quick.

Shame Hippo is a character in mine ................however Bi color is just as amusing..........................

well beings my tank is only a 55 with 6 fish already in it the hippo would not be a happy fish in the tank so weighd the odds while waiting on store to open and decided against it but went into store anyways and found this guy who i wanted once before because of a pic but because of my local pet stores we dont get many of these around here so i grabbed him :) he was still in his shipment bag the truck and just droped him off

Back
Top Bottom