Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
yellow tang and blue hippo

Hey guys will a yellow tang and a blue hippo get along?

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
If introduced together, they may get along, otherwise you may run into some territorial disputes.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

No matter how many tangs you house they will have their territorial disputes. The blue hippo's tend to be more shy and therefore less dominant, but the two are compatible...for tangs
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

the yellow already has been in tank for months he has his own little cave he keeps the rest of fish out of its so cute lol
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to MichaelsLilGray Send a message via Yahoo to MichaelsLilGray
if he isnt full grown.. id try to introduce it asap.... for a "chance" at them co-existing..
Old 08-25-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i am getting him not this thursday but next yellow is about mid sized about twice size of my false perc well better example the yellow could fit in palm of my hand fins extended the blue hippos at my local store are normally like a inch big when they arrive on thursdays.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 AM   #7
Thanx but no.....

Hopefully that's a traditional 48" 55g tank
Old 08-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i belive so i cant find a measuring tape but it came from petland just a normal 55 i guess about the same depth as the 29 a little deeper but longer prob a little less than twice the length of the 29 but not as wide as the 29 lol
Old 09-02-2009, 02:09 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

yea 48 long 20 tall and 12 1/2 wide everyone give their answer will a blue hippo a yellow tang two false perc a royal grama one damsel trying to catch to remove but no luck and a lawnmower blenny be okay in my 55 i plan on upgrading to a 75 or bigger within the next two years the local pet store gets there blue hippos in very small a inch and a half big or smaller the blue hippo is the one i plan on getting the rest have been in my tank for months very peacefully living together. will i be okay getting a small blue hippo in my tank at least until i can upgrade i am saving money for the tank right now soon as i have it the upgrade will hit i will just swap everything over.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Had my Hippo and Yellow tang together without any problems at all, in fact I think they were buddies. Unfortunately the Yellow guy just died today

Steve

Tags
hippo, tan, tang, yellow tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com